Hi everyone!! Thanks so much for all of your notes and comments....the pregnancy is doing awesome - I am feeling great and I have MUCH to update you on!!
- Weeks: 35
- Weight Gain: 19 (average is around 25)
- Fundus (belly measurement): 33 cm or 33 weeks
- At last doc appt I had only gained about 3 ounces which kind of worried me but the doc said it wasn't an issue at all - because I have been gaining weight consistently and my belly is still growing, doc says everything is on track.
We had two incredible baby showers - one for family and close friends and another with close friends and co-workers. We received tons of wonderful gifts and had a great time!! I have a bit more work to do on the baby room and then will take some pics for you. We have the essentials - crib, diapers, car seat. :) Here are a couple pics from the showers (we are waiting to get more pics from people who took more pics and I will post them for you soon!):
Other fun facts:
- No stretch marks - YEAH!!! :) Still rubbing the tummy butter every morning and then put on my Bella Band over top. I think it is working!
- Workouts are definitely getting harder - I am sure it is a combination of additional weight gain, diaphragm getting smaller and just having a bigger belly.
- Sleep is the biggest challenge right now - tough to find a comfortable position and lots of peeing throughout the night.
- No swelling - rings still fit. YEAH!
- LOTS and LOTS of baby movement - getting kicked in the ribs - LOTS and is sometimes painful - I find myself stretching out as long as I possibly can to give the little critter more room.
- Not so much room in the tummy right now lots of small meals and snacks.
- Workouts right now are still 3-4 body pump style workouts a week and 3-4 cardio sessions - usually Spin or Elliptical. Will probably go back to walking or even some light jogging in a week or so (once the baby is full term to encourage delivery :) hee hee). Also want to do some yoga again to make sure I am fully stretched and ready.
- Jody is getting more and more excited about our new family unit and he is going to be an AMAZING daddy. I fall in love with him more each day thinking about what a great dad he will be.
And for the really bad news, my step-dad Jack was diagnosed with bladder and prostate cancer about 2 months ago. He went to the Mayo clinic and had been going through chemo and radiation when they rechecked him and found neither tumors had decreased in size. They then did a bone biopsy and found the cancer has metastasized in his bone. Because he has stage 4 bone cancer they have given him about 4 weeks to live. After talking to my doctor about the situation, she ok'd us to drive to Iowa to see him and say our goodbyes. While the 9 hour trip in the car was not the most comfortable in my current pregnant state, Jody and I were so glad to be able to go visit and spend some time with him to say our goodbyes. It was also really good for my mom to see the baby belly in all its glory - life affirms life and I think me being there eased some of her pain. We also set up a Caring Bridge site for her so that she can post about Jack's health and people can stay updated through the journal versus calling constantly and my mom having to repeat the same thing over and over again. Jody made mom and Jack both laugh a ton which was great to see smiles and hear laughter.
My mom and Jack have been together for 12 years and he is a wonderful person who has had a fantastic life. While it is ending too soon (he is 68), he has done so many amazing things and has had tons of memories to take with him. He has three children and many grand children and has been a great member of our family. I love him dearly and will miss him terribly. I hope this baby will provide a welcome distraction to my mother during her grief....she is going to be a wonderful grandmother and I can't wait for her to meet our new addition.
I can't stress enough how important it is for all of us to live each day in as healthy a way as possible. Both my father in law and my step dad smoked for many many years (35 and 25 years respectively) and didn't exercise or eat well. While it is tragic their health has taken a turn it certainly makes me even more grateful for the health choices I have made - not smoking, exercise and eating well. While I can't stop anything bad from happening, I can certainly decrease the chances.
And make sure that you cherish each moment with those you love - make sure they know much you love them.
Thanks again for your comments and checking in on me....will keep you posted over the next few weeks as we get closer to BABY TIME! :)
Love you guys!