Thursday, July 16, 2009

40 Weeks + One Day - STILL PREGNANT! :)


Hey everyone,

At last update I was just a month out and feeling great! I am still feeling great however I am now one day past due and this little baby hasn't budged!

Here are my updates:
  • Weeks: 40 + 1 day
  • Weight Gain: 23lbs (average at this point is 35lbs)
  • Fundus (belly measurement): 37 weeks
  • Had an ultra sound three weeks ago and baby was estimated at 7.5lbs (already!!)
My workouts have been great with the exception of last week.....and here's why.

Three weeks ago, my step father passed away peacefully at home after a three month battle with cancer. He was surrounded by his kids, his wife, grandson, brother and dog and went painlessly and peacefully. We are very sad to lose Jack but we also know he is in a better place and lived a full and wonderful life. I will miss him dearly.

Two weeks ago, I started having major pre-labor/false-labor symptoms and had dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. I was no longer having the "subtle" Braxton Hicks (Jody likes to call them Toni Braxton's) contractions but was having really strong contractions - not full blown but they were strong and got closer and closer up until 5 mins apart lasting for a minute. I laid down that night to sleep and about an hour later the contractions stopped. And I had every other symptom as well. Then last week I went in and was a tight 2 and 60% effaced. My mom drove down from Iowa to bring my aunt half way (she lives in Louisiana) and stayed for a week. We all thought baby was coming. Then a week ago, after my 2/60 appointment everything stopped. No more contractions, nada. And I literally have felt like I did three weeks ago. CRAZY!

And trust me guys, I have done everything to get this baby to come including:
  • Spicy food (lots of jalapenos)
  • Acupuncture
  • Got a massage
  • Pedicure
  • Castor Oil (yes, tried it and you are just miserable and pregnant)
  • Sex (sex and more sex)
  • Walking (like an hour in the AM and an hour at night
So yesterday I went into the doc and I am still 2/60. The good news is my doc is awesome and isn't wanting to talk induction until next week. I have an appt Thursday and they will do an ultra sound and make sure the baby is doing well.

I have a stubborn baby in my belly! Stubborn. But I am also just a day past the due date so will let baby H come when baby H wants to come.

Here are a couple pics of me post workout inspired by Julie and her baby belly pics! :)




If I have the baby I will post a new blog to let you all know ASAP! Sorry I haven't posted a whole lot - I feel like I don't really have a lot of new news. :)

Love you guys and thanks for all the comments and coming back to check on me!!

Jess

9 comments:

Krissa said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU UPDATED! I was getting worried about you. I am glad to hear you are doing well. Very sorry to hear about your step father.

I LOVE YOUR PREGNANT PICTURES! YOU LOOK AMAZING! You and Julie are inpirations to me...fit and preggers. You look really good.

LOL about Toni Braxton's.

Is Jody still training for the Louisville Iron Man?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!!! You look so cute :)

Sorry to hear about your step father...cancer is an awful disease but luckily he died at home like my grandpa did.

You're going to be a mommy soon!

Anonymous said...

Me too, me too!!! SOO glad you updated! Cute, adorable, beautiful! LOVE the pics!

SO sorry to hear about your Step Dad. My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

YAY! An update! OMG - you look amazing. So fit and healthy and happy. I cannot wait to see the little juice baby!

So sorry to hear about your stepfather but am relieved to hear that his passing was peaceful. That in itself is a true blessing.

LOL at the Toni Braxton's! Too funny!

Hey - no worries on going over your due date. A GF of mine was 3 weeks overdue herself. All that extra "cooking" time must have resulted in a super high IQ. She ended up being the class valedictorian. ha!

Best of luck to you guys. You will do great. I am on vacation next week so I probably won't hear any news til I get back... I'll be thinking about you!

Ms. Anne said...

my sister is the strongest pregnant woman in the world! I'm so proud of you, Jess. You look amazing and have taken incredible care of your body!

Abby said...

You look great!! Thanks for the update! Have you tried driving on a bumpy road? :)

So sorry to hear about your step father. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kelly Olexa said...

OMG you are looking incredible!! I can't wait to hear that little baby boo boo is here!!
XOXO

A Prelude To... said...

You look so flippin' amazing!! I cannot believe it's been a full 40 weeks already!! I am so excited for your little bean to get here - OH MAN!! I miss those baby days!!
Take care this week - get ready to have the time of your life when your wee one arrives - you will be changed forever in so many fantastic ways!

LAT GIRL said...

So are one fit preggo mama! Hope you are feeling well and little bambino is doing great! update soon......must see pictures!