So one thing I LOVE about having a home gym (since my last blog, we moved and have an awesome set up - have a walkout basement that has a huge bonus room we converted to a workout room) is that when the weather is bad, I don't have to stress cause I can't run outside, can't drive to the gym, worry about gym hours, get a baby sitter, etc. LOVE IT.
Here's what I have done so far this week:
- Monday: Off
- Tuesday AM: Turbo Fire 25 HIIT Workout with three extra rounds - 35 mins total
- Wednesday AM: P90X Shoulders and Arms - all my P90X workouts are done Jessica style (no breaks/rests)
- Thursday AM: Cathe HIIT Pyramid Workout (30 minutes intervals)
- Thursday PM: P90X Back/Bi's
- Friday AM: Spin Intervals - 5 min warm up, 25 minutes intervals 1 min on, 1 min off, 5 minute cool down
If you aren't familiar with these workouts, they are high intensity plyometric rounds - lots of jumping and leaping. I usually only work legs once every week or two weeks because of the intensity of these workouts on my legs. I LOVE them!! TurboFire is another Beachbody product and Cathe can be purchased on Cathe.com or Collage Video.
Good week so far....not sure what I will do this weekend - probably P90X Chest/Shoulders/Tris and a full body cardio type workout. Weekends I usually just play by ear but definitely need to get another upper body work out in and another cardio workout. Body is definitely taking longer on recovery - feel muscle soreness for probably a half day longer.
I hope each of you are having a great week! Anyone have any recommended HIIT workouts they love? Tell me about it! :)