Good morning all! Happy Sunday to you!
So notice anything about my baby bump pics??? Well, I will give you three things:
- I was half a week late (remember, weekly baby bump pics)
- I have on my GREEN shorts, not my blue ones
- I am getting a BUMP! :)
- Crazy, crazy busy week at work. Nutty. So I didn't have a chance to blog or catch up on blogs. So my apologies to those of you I am still haven't gotten to...I will today...promise. Work was crazy and so between that and getting in my workouts I had very little free time. Hopefully things will be better next week.
- You aren't going to BELIEVE this but somehow the blue shorts have been misplaced AGAIN. We actually think that last weekend when we went through all of Jody's t-shirts and gave like 50 to good will that perhaps the shorts were on the floor and got thrown into the bag. It is like some terrible joke with these shorts!!! GRRRRR. Maybe they will turn up - regardless, it is frustrating b/c I wanted my bump pics to look the same in each pics (except the first one :)). Sorry for the inconsistency - I DID try to put the shorts in the same hip position but I think they are a little high still.
- I am definitely getting more of a bump. I am still in my regular clothes but barely. It is kinda fun. At night it sticks way out. It is fun! :) But the biggest news of all is that I am feeling the baby now. It feels like little bubbles in your belly. So cool.
1-4/First (and it starts from the day of your last period so technically you aren't preggers until like week 3 but this is how all the docs, books, etc. calculate it)
I will tell you this is the hardest part of pregnancy - when you don't really look pregnant and aren't ready for pregnancy clothes - so you just feel and look chubby. The funny thing is when you are in this stage, no one is going to ask you if you are pregnant cause they really just think you look thick through the middle. So I look forward to getting through this stage and into the "OH, she is pregnant" stage. :)
Anyhoo, I had an pretty good workout week - I only got in two total body body pump workouts although I am planning on doing a double class today since my goal if four week. But I have got in all my cardio workouts so that is good. Eating has been about 85%. Had a couple of bad meals but they were worth it! :) No yoga so far this week but we are hoping to get one in today.
Here is my weekly recap for the week:
Monday: 45 minute treadmill @10% incline 4.4 MPH AM
Tuesday: Shoulders - 45 mins PM
Wednesday: 45 minute treadmill @10% incline 4.4 MPH AM; Body Pump 60 mins PM
Thursday: 45 minutes treadmill @10% incline 4.4 MPH AM; Spin class PM
Friday: 70 minute Body Pump workout (double arms) followed by 30 minute stead state cardio PM
Saturday: 45 minute AWESOME SPIN class! AM
Sunday (planned workout): 110 minute body pump class
Running Weekly Totals:
4 lift: 3 Body Pump, 1 body part :)
And the last thing I wanted to share with you guys is an excerpt from Self Magazine on Thinking Yourself Thinner (it is part of a bigger program that involves eating right and working out). It is the mind/body connection that is often the biggest part of the battle so I wanted to share a couple of their healthy behaviors hints with all of my girls out there...since I know we all battle with some of these:
- Flatter yourself. It is a fact that women who see themselves as heavy have a harder time losing weight. Every time you think something bad about yourself, write down 10 things that are positive.
- Find a release valve. If you eat for stress, find something to help you with the stress that isn't food. Talk a walk, crank up the music and dance, watch a movie...lots of different options. :)
- Slow down. Focus on eating slowly so your mind and body connect to the fact that you are eating food and are nourishing your body.
- Celebrate. When you achieve your goals (and make sure to set little ones along the way), make sure to celebrate. Reward yourself for your hard work!