Friday, December 19, 2008

Had Doc Appt and It's a......

....BABY!!! :)

Happy Friday you guys! I can honestly say this day will go down as one of the most special in my life! I won't bore you with ALL the details but let's just say the first ultra sound which was NOT through my stomach did not show a baby so I was a little freaked out. Turns out I have a tipped uterus so my uterus is actually closer to the outside of my body that most women. So she used the ultrasound on my belly and behold....our little bundle of joy:



You will need to click on the image to see where I have circled in red where the fetus is if you can't see it from this view. It was so amazing to see him in there! I teared up and was so emotional just seeing that little body inside my body. And then we heard the heartbeat...so cool. I teared up on that one too. And then while she was looking at the little person, he/she moved a bunch! She said "whoa, they normally don't move that much so soon" and I told the doc that the baby was waving at us. Flipping us a gang sign - letting us know he/she is all good. :) I grabbed Jody's hand and was pretty veclempt knowing WE did that. Jody is going to be such a wonderful Dad....I can't wait to see him chillin with his offspring. :)

So cool guys. I have gained 2lbs which she said was totally normal especially since I haven't had any morning sickness. I told her it was all in my bra! :)

Have a great Friday night guys! Had to get this up for you all!

More this weekend!
Jess

8 comments:

Visionquester said...

I love the baby!!! That is sooo funny.. flashing the gang signs.

Too cool...

Was the heart beat slow or fast? They say fast is a girl and slow is a boy... what did they say???

~C.

April said...

Congrats Jessica! That is so awesome and a feeling you can treasure forever! You and Jody are going to make wonderful parents :)

Krissa said...

Beautiful story. Precious.

A Prelude To... said...

How incredible!! Both my babies were July babies so we were able to surprise our parents both times with the ultrasound pictures wrapped up in a Christmas box as surprise presents which I'm sure were the best presents they ever got!

Merry Christmas!! You are going to have such a special year!

Jessica said...

Hey guys! Thanks for the notes!

C, I didn't ask if it was fast or slow...was too excited to remember that one! :) I am about 99% sure it is a boy. But who the heck knows.

Julie, that is a WONDERFUL idea and I will totally do the same for our parents. They know I am preggers but they will still love the gift.

Jess

Cathy said...

The US technology is so cool today! You & Jody must have so excited to see your babe! Awesome chica and never, ever boring.:)
xo
Cathy

B said...

soo sxciting!!!


Merry Christmas Jess

Anonymous said...

Wow this brings back memories...treasure every minute :) Congrats and have a wonderful Christmas!