Hey y'all! I FOUND MY SHORTS!! YEAH! So, here are updated baby bump pics...which really don't look that different to me than week 13. But I am definitely FEELING the bump more...like meaning clothes are still getting tighter (DUH!!!). And my hubby said it looks like I am getting thicker through middle but not more of a bump, bump. Does that make sense? I am sure one of these days I will start poking out with a real little critter in there.
Here is a pic of Carla Sanchez at 17 weeks:
I have gained 5lbs total and have my next doc appointment in two weeks so we will see what I put on during those two weeks. I am officially into the fourth month (14 to 17 weeks) and actually only have two more weeks in my fourth month. And in FOUR weeks (20 weeks) I will be HALFWAY there. How crazy is that??? I have not felt the baby yet but am anticipating feeling my little peanut in the next couple weeks! Can't WAIT!
- Monday: Light cardio, 30 minutes
- Tuesday: 45 minute treadmill @10% incline 4.4 MPH AM; Body Pump 70 minutes + 15 minutes of abs PM
- Wednesday: Missed AM cardio so 25 minute shoulder workout followed by 45 minute treadmill @ 12% incline 4.4 MPH LUNCH; 45 minute spin, PM
- Thursday: OFF
- Friday: 30 minutes cardio AM
- Saturday: Body Pump + Abs - 70 minutes followed by 45 minutes cardio
- Sunday: Shoulders & core work - 60 minutes followed by 45 minutes cardio
- 7 cardio sessions (really only 5 - those half hour sessions were really light)
- 4 lifting sessions - two Body Pump and two lifting sessions
- Eating was about 87% compliance so I had about 6 off plan meals. Which is ok...not good, but ok. The extra day off work with MLK day threw me off!
Here is my plan...continue to workout like this as long as I can...I cannot tell you how many women have told me that because they worked out while pregnant, they had much easier deliveries and recoveries. I KNOW I won't always feel the way I do today with energy and mobility, but while I do, I am going to use it to my advantage. My goal is FOUR Body Pump (or similar total body circuit workouts) a week and two lifting sessions (arms and shoulders) along with 5-6 cardio sessions. Again, the goal being total body strength and general fitness. My cardio sessions are uphill treadmill walking or elliptical so low intensity, low impact.
We are getting pummeled by an ice storm here in Arkansas. Our driveway was pure ice last night...couldn't even get the car up the driveway. I did get to the grocery store ahead of time and made a huge batch of my low carb, healthy lasagna. YUMMY! Hubby and I are snuggled in at home...I love ice days...as long as the power stays on! :) South of us they have lost power so that is not good. If you are experiencing the same weather, be careful! Take care of YOU! Here is a pic outside our front door of the tree in our front yard. HOLY ICE!
I wanted to say a couple things about using POSITIVE LANGUAGE WITH YOURSELF. I cannot tell you how detrimental this is to your progress when your inner dialogue is negative. How many times do you look in the mirror and frown at your love handles or hips? STOP TODAY! Start focusing on the new tone in your arms and the definition starting to show in your quads! Focus on what you are DOING not what you haven't done or what you don't like. Focus on what you like...what looks good. There is so much power in your own mind and being kind and generous to yourself is one of the best motivators in the world because you continue to encourage yourself towards the positive - NOT the negative. Even if it is your eyes or your hairstyle...focus on the positive!
Be patient, be consistent, be good to you.
Love you guys!