Sunday, January 4, 2009

Food, Food and Food!

Well, you have heard me talk A LOT about my workouts but not so much about my eating. So let me give you a play by play of conversations I have had with people recently:

"Are you showing yet?" Random Person
"Maybe a little but I don't know if it is Thanksgiving, Christmas or baby! Ha ha!" Me

I have been eating really bad....like super bad. I would say I am eating at about 50% compliance to a healthy and clean eating plan. I am taking my prenatals and definitely still eating every three hours BUT what I am eating is not the best. My quantities aren't out of control but they aren't good either...and there are a lot of reasons for it...the staycation...holidays....pregnant.

My good friend Amber got me an awesome pocket calorie calculator so I can look up and track foods immediately. It is awesome! I am going to use it along with an online tracking system for daily totals. My goal based on my calorie needs, activity level and baby needs is between 1800-2000 a day of clean, healthy, non processed foods. I will track the same way I do with my workouts - daily and focus on compliance at 90% of plan.

Have a great week everyone! I am back to work tomorrow and not excited about it... :( Twelve days off has been heaven!

Jess

8 comments:

Unknown said...

okay chica! You have to let me know how well it works in case I need to get one for myself :). Great job on the workouts! You've been hitting it consistently and I am so proud of you!!

Kelly Olexa said...

Sweetie give yourself a bit of a break, I'm SURE knowing you, you aren't eating nearly as badly as you think!! XOXO

;-)

EM :) said...

Ohhh yes. please keep us posted on the Cal counter. I'm super interested.
well, bummer. Staycation was bound to come to an end! :) sounds like you really enjoyed your time off.

LMAO, I don't know if its thksgivn, xmas or baby! :) Hilarious!!!!!!

I must agree with KO that you're probably eating better than most of us anyway!

Love 2 you and baby~
EM

Krissa said...

Good plan. I have to do the same because it looks like I have a baby bump but I AM NOT PREGNANT! :)


I know you can do it. Are you going to be using FitDay?

Jessica said...

Hey ladies!

I am using the calorie counter combined with the Daily Plate. The calorie counter is awesome b/c it has TONS of restaurants and fast food stuff so I can immediately stop myself from making a bad decision.

The Daily Plate is great and has almost everything in it. Really good stuff.

Keep you posted! :)

Jess

Kim said...

Hi Jessica:

What is the name of the Pocket Calorie Calculator that Amber gave you? Is it by Calorie King?

Thanks!

Kim

Anonymous said...

:-)

Jessica said...

Kim,

It is Calorie Smart and it is by Coheso.

You can find it here:

http://www.coheso.com/caloriesmart-d.html

Again, it is great for on the go.

Jess