BAM! Everything has changed for me.
I found Scott Abel (thank you Cynthia) and discovered his forum, a few of his products and A LOT of his methodologies and everything has changed for me. Most of all though, Scott's ideologies over training and dieting and metabolic damage are ground breaking and really speak to me.
Here has what has changed for me:
- I no longer obsess over what I eat. I plan my meals and my calorie staggering but I don't feel guilty if I miss a meal or feel awful if my macros are off by 5%.
- I no longer have to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. I know that at some point in my day (usually planned) I will get in an awesome workout - 70-80 minutes of ass busting hard work. And if I can't, I know I will tomorrow.
- I no longer have to lift a body part and then do cardio. My workouts incorporate both.
- I no longer obsess over cardio with friends or family as too much, too little, not enough. I can run or bike with them and ENJOY myself. Who knew?
- I no longer freak out over eating _____ before a workout or _____ after a workout. I do my best to have good pre and post workout nutrition however I no longer freak out over it.
- I no longer freak out over planning my workout. I push myself hard and have a great workout. Nuff said.
- I haven't been on a scale in 3 weeks but my muscles feel tighter and I feel leaner.
I want to look like an athlete EVERY DAY. Not just for the 2 days I am stage ready.
I want to look great 365 days a year - not incredible for 2.
I WILL look like an athlete EVERY DAY. Not just for the 2 days I am stage ready.
I WILL look great 365 days a year - not incredible for 2.
If I can compete considering all of these things...great. If competing means compromising my health, my attitude, my life - I won't do it.
That said....I think it is possible. No, I KNOW it is possible. But still don't know what the future holds for competing. HIGHLY considering a November contest. :)
Hope you are all having a great weekend!
P.S. Amber/Jessica workout reunion today. We did hill repeats (see the right side for my workout) 8 times and let me tell you, this hill is BRUTAL. Then we did a set of legs in between hill repeats - we did walking lunges and then we did a couple variations of step ups with over head presses. Then we did abs. TOUGH stuff. Always love the Amber reunion.