Monday, June 9, 2008

Beginning of Week and NEW VLOG!

Hey y'all! Hope you are all doing awesome!

Yes, long, long LONG weekend and we recorded a VLOG but for some reason none of my computers are recognizing the USB device. So instead of posting vlogs or blogs, I was jacking around with my computer trying to show you the VLOG we did. UPDATE: Got it to work!! Check it!



Hope that was slightly entertaining - had no idea he was going to record it so totally had to wing it! And check out his walking while filming technique! ;)

As I said in my post on Friday, last week was a complete and absolute BUST. I didn't workout once. And this weekend I participated in the 48 Hour Film Festival project which is where you have 48 hours to produce a film. You can check it out at this link:
48 Hour Film Link You are given the genre, a prop and a line you must use. Ours was a suspense/thriller, a pencil and the line: "What did he say? Tell me." I am not an actress, have never been an actress, but the lead creative guy thinks I look like a tough bit## so he cast me as the lead of a bank robber ring in the movie. So I got called in at 7am on Saturday and was there until MIDNIGHT! Holy crap. It was a LONG day. And I missed Jody's race which I felt TERRIBLE about. Terrible. But I had a blast on the shoot and the film ended up being pretty funny and campy.

Here is a couple of pics from the shoot of me in my "costume" and with the gun :) and check out the tattoo on my boob. Keep it classy bloggers. :)

Times Up! Charlie's Angels Pose

Check out the TATT!!!
Below is the log of my workouts from two weeks ago and since last week was a big goose egg I am just going to skip that recap. :)

Jody and I had a long talk this weekend and I am going to start running again. It is something I enjoy doing, I can do it anywhere and it is something we love to do together. That being said, I ran 9 miles tonight. NINE miles. WHOA! And I am wiped out. Legs pretty tight too - I am not sure if running 9 miles was the smartest thing in the whole world but I am shooting for 30 miles this week and I wanted to get a good chunk underneath me starting with Monday. So, Jody and I strapped on the running shoes.

Also, since I ate so crappy on Tuesday of last week (off site) and Saturday/Sunday weren't great either, I spent about 3 hours last night cooking food for both Jody and me. I cooked all my egg white waffles, measured my cereal, cut green peppers, measured broccoli. It actually worked AWESOME b/c when I got up this AM, I just threw everything in my lunch bag and was out of there. It was AWESOME!!! :)

I am not sure how to work the UFP into my running program. My guess is Scott would scoff at me doing any type of running AND UFP but oh, well. I am going to see how this week goes with running and some upper body UFP workouts and see what happens. My eating will be ON and sleep should be good.

Oh, and I am taking a day off this week - it has been so crazy lately, I have to put myself first. :) So, I will take Thursday off - and I am re-committing to blogging more frequently. I have a loyal following out there (I think :)) and I don't want you guys to give up.

Have a great Tuesday - I am gonna ROCK it. ;)

Jess

Week of May 26th through June 1st:

Monday:

Track Workout - 1 mile warm up, 5 quarter mile sprints
Day 1 of UFP - Lower Body Focus - 90 minutes
Tuesday:
Day of 2 UFP - Upper Body Focus - 85 minutes
Wednesday:
Day 3 UFP - Upper Body - Back Focus 90 minutes
Thursday:
OFF
Friday:
AM HIIT Intervals - 30 minutes - 400 calories
Saturday:
Day 4 UFP
Sunday:
Off

7 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

I am your loyal follower!! Those pictures are hilarious! What are your egg white waffles? I'm intrigued. I make protein pancakes with oats/protein powder/egg whites/cottage cheese and they are yummy and high protein, but I'd love to hear some other ideas.
;-) Let's rock girl, I'm back on track this week too!!!

Jessica said...

I know you are chica!!! :) I also just posted a VLOG and I mentioned YOU!!!! I will post my waffle recipe - eat them every day.
Glad you are back at it too! :)
Jess

Krissa said...

That was so funny. Again, you two are too cute together!

Good goals. Solid goals. My goal is to get off this computer right now, after 12 hours of work, and get to the gym. So I will post more later.

Love the vlogs and pics!

Cathy said...

Jess- YOU RAN 9 MILES!!!! WOW!!!
That is really something! Have a great week!
Thanks for the vlog!

~Cathy

Kelly Olexa said...

Hey Chicky Chica!! Love the vlog!! MMMUUUAAH Sending hugs and high fives your way!! So glad you and the hubby are working together, that is awesome!! I'm on day 2 of my new program and ROCKING IT AND LOVING IT, PLUS I THINK I HAVE A NEW JOB!! Yeaaaa@!!!! Time to shop!! ;-)

Jessica said...

Thanks for checking in y'all!

Love you guys!

Ms. Anne said...

Was up, Sista? I like what you had to say and you are so candid on the camera....keepin' your cool as you eat some sort of mush out of the tuperware dish! I loved what you had to say and it was so cool to see your positive outlook and that you are reaching toward feeling better. Keep it up!!!