I'm having a great workout week. It's like once I let go of what I thought I HAD to do, it is coming so easily for me. I took yesterday off because my hubby was sick and I wanted to spend some QT with my hubby. And I was really sore from jumping back into it as well. Today was my third AM cardio day this week and it has been a LONG time since I have done cardio so often in the mornings. I am so excited to see how my body reacts. That is one of my favorite things about working out - that feeling of your body changing and improving.
So, I posted on Visionquester's blog on a comment about my daily affirmation cards and I wanted to share some with you. Yes, this is a cheesy way for me to put a picture on my blog because I have been slacking but watch out, I have more pics to come! :)
My affirmation cards are just on 3.5 x 5 inch note cards and I have the following statements on them:
- I love my body.
- I am healthy and my immune system is strong.
- My abs are lean and toned.
- My lower body is lean and toned.
- Exercise comes first in my life.
- My body fat is 16%.
- I am sexy and confident.
I also wanted each of you to see my workout room. These pics are tough because it is hard to take a picture since the room is small and it is hard to get a good vantage point to take the picture. But, as you can see, I have a pretty good gym set up. The Body Solid gym we have has an olympic bar and a smith rack (which I LOVE for legs). I also have attachments for leg extension and hamstring curls. And I also have a preacher curl attachment. LOVE IT. I have a trainer for my road bike so that is how I do cycling cardio at home. The ONLY additional gym equipment I would want it a step mill cause it is my favorite cardio equipment.
This is the Body Solid gym we have. My treadmill is over in the corner on the right (it is a space saver and is currently in space saving position).
These are just my dumbbells, medicine ball and ab wheel. Above the bookcase is a TV.
As I mentioned earlier in the week, I am experimenting with food/exercise software to track food and workouts. I may do the fitday log online like Visionquester but I also am testing this Weighmainia software (google it) because I can keep it on my Treo and then it all links together. The key is for me to log it in.
But for now, I am going to post my daily meals for today so you can get an idea of my food:
- 7am: Protein shake w/6oz. Enhanced Soy Milk (4 carbs); Vanilla protein powder; 1 scoop super food, 1TBS flax seed oil.
- 10am: 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg; 2 oz ground turkey w/taco seasoning, 1 TBS low fat ricotta cheese mixed together.
- 1pm: 1 piece of canadian bacon pizza (work meeting) w/side salad and light Italian dressing. 4pm: Egg white waffle - 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg; 1TBS milled flax seed; 1tsp cinnamon; 1/2 scoop vanilla protein.
- 6:30pm: 1 small apple, 1TBS Naturally More PB w/1/2 scoop protein powder mixed together for dipping.
- 9pm: 1/2 banana, 4 egg whites and salad with vinaigrette.
Would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Will post my leg workout later. :)) Have a great week and visualize, visualize, visualize. Eventually what you visualize will happen.