Saturday, March 29, 2008

Doc Update, Vlogging and Shout Out to Debbie

Happy Saturday my friends!

First and foremost thanks to all of your for your input and kind words on my last two posts. I have been so aggravated with this whole sickness thing - I even cried on the way in to work on Friday....and I rarely cry. Like never. My DH asked me after we dated for six months: "Do you have to have your legs chopped off before you will cry or what??" Little did he know (he found out later of course) that I turn into Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer when I cry so I try to avoid public crying because I am pretty much a splotchy red goon for four hours.

Secondly, I love the blog. It allows me to easily search back over all my posts to track how many times I have been sick. Check it out:


Since October.....I have been sick 8 times. Not just a little cough, cough cold but like bronchitis, strep, flu, CRAZY sickness.


Friggin 8.

EIGHT times in FIVE months. WwwwwwwwwwwwwOAH!

Holy crap. I don't even know what to say to that other than holy crap. Good news is, I am not losing my mind. Bad news is, something is seriously up.


Went to the doc on Friday and since I wasn't told to fast for all the tests, I am going in on Monday morning (fasted) so they can run a bunch of tests. I am not really sure what I am looking for from these tests but am open to all possibilities. Maybe I have Epstein, maybe I have mono, maybe I have an Iron deficiency, maybe nothing is wrong with me other than I have been exposed and succumbed to a massive number of viruses in the last five months. Maybe anything. He put me on prednisone to help with the laryngitis - luckily it is only a 7 day dose. I am taking lots of potassium to supplement since is leaches it from your body.

What I do know it that it is affecting my overall state of well being. It is definitely one of the reasons I haven't been training at the level I need to or want to and one of the reasons my body fat is now at the level it is which affects how I feel in my clothes, out of my clothes, etc. So getting this checked out and digging deep to see if I can learn more about myself is important. I didn't work out yesterday but am going to try to workout today and tomorrow both - lift and some slow, laid back cardio.

I ordered my video camera today (thanks Krissa for hooking me up with the name of your camera) so I will start vlogging as soon as I receive. Hopefully my voice will be back by then! :)

And finally, I want to give a shout out to my girl Debbie. I saw her last night for the first time in a long time and she told me how worried she has been about me. I'm sorry I didn't communicate better with you Debbie to let you know I am ok...I AM ok and your thoughts and blog messages to me mean the world. Keep sending the positive energy my way chica! :) I will be back with you before you know it!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It is crappy here - rainy and cold. Yuck...yuck.
Keep on keeping on!
Jess

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess...I know you have been a sick mess this year. I am sooo sorry for that.

You gotta find a way to build up your defenses... make sure that you tell your doctor that whenever you get sick that you really only take off like 1/2 of a day and then are back to brutalizing your body at work and at the gym. Let him know that your job is really stressful...they make you work tons of hours and the only vacation you took was NOT R&R. Make sure you tell your doctor that you refuse to cut yourself a break....

I have noticed these patterns in you from your posts on this public blog.

Ask your husband if I am waay off base here.

~C.

Jessica said...

C-
Well hello my little friend. :)
It was funny...I was texting with one of my girl friends last night and I said, I feel like I am doing everything right - eat good, working out, taking supplements, etc. And she said: "like sleeping 8 hours and limiting your stress?". So, that that was a nice reminder as well. I will definitely agree that the #1 thing I have not done well is get my sleep and I think that has made a huge difference. As for the stress at work what kind of trips me out over that is that I have been twice as stressed in previous jobs but maybe that combined with training for 5 months, averaging 6 hours of sleep AND work stress has just put its toll on me.
Thanks for keeping it real chica.
Jess

Visionquester said...

Jessica...
I love you...I do. It's hard to see someone be so hard on herself. It pains me deep in my core.

Whenever I read your blog...I hear that song by Alabama...go ahead and sing it if you know the tune.

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

Don't know why
I have to drive so fast
My car has nothing to prove
It's not new
But it'll do 0 to 60 in 5.2.

Oh I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

Can't be late
I leave plenty of time
Shaking hands with the clock
I can't stop
I'm on a roll and I'm ready to rock.

Oh I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

I hear a voice
That say's I'm running behind
I better pick up my pace
It's a race
And there ain't no room
For someone in second place.

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why...


~C.

Anonymous said...

That new pic is awesome btw.
Great shoulder caps...I'm jealous.

~C.

Jessica said...

C-
Holy crap (I love to say holy crap, can you tell?? :))! Am I really that hard on myself? Anyone else feel free to chime in and let me know what you think about my level of self hardness.
I actually love that song BTW. And I agree, I am type A all the way and sometimes that has consequences. I need to learn how to enjoy life more. Relax. Slow down. Work smarter at work and not harder. Take time for me. I used to get massages. I used to have more me time. I used to be better to me. Right now I am good to lots of other people.
And I need to get more sleep. Like at least 7 hours every night.
C-will you sing that song on you next vlog?? :)
Jess

EM :) said...

I do love how C Keeps it Real. It's true. I would agree with how hard you seem. And this is just blog world!! And honestly, seven hours?? That's at the bare minimum!!! Rest rest rest. You know that's when you recover, so take full advantage of it!!! And naps, too! I love naps! :)
I'm so excited for you to vlog! I have a new one this afternoon!
Again, healthy vibes comin you way! Ohhh, and, I'm a massage therapist and highly recommend you get that back on your list of things to do! :) :)
MUCH LOVE!