Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuna Boat Haters: Don't Hate the Tuna - Hate the Boat! :)

I heard a nasty rumor that some of you out there hate the tuna boat. For me, I LOVE the tuna boat. Love it. But I also LOVE green peppers (eat at least one every day - most days two). So, I wanted to throw a few alternative snacks/meals out there. :)

Drum roll please............Top ten alternatives to the tuna boat (protein and fibrous veggie):

10. Apple and Naturally More Peanut Butter (regular serving size)
9. Celery and Naturally More PB
8. 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese and an apple or 1/2 cup strawberries
7. 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt w/a 1/2 scoop protein powder and an apple or 1/2 cup strawberries
6. Two pieces low fat string cheese and an apple or orange
5. Dinner salad with a scoop of tuna with ranch mixed in on top!
4. Dinner salad with 4 oz. chicken and 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette on side
3. Dinner salad with 4 oz. smoked salmon and 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette on side
2. Chicken boat - same concept as tuna boat, just with chicken.

And the number one substitute for a tuna boat.................





1. A TUNA BOAT! :) There really is no substitute for me!

More later! Have a great day everyone!
Jess

10 comments:

EM :) said...

I love tuna pancakes.
1 can of tuna, 2 egg whites, dash of ground flax, 1/8 or 1/4 cup oats, tons of crushed red pepper flakes, use lots of pam & a skillet and you are set!!!! I make sure mine turn out kinda crunchy. YUM YUM YUM
:)

Anonymous said...

Em: Thats what I make! I love them!

Jess: I knew that # 1 was coming! I love tuna boats too. PEPPERS=YUMMY!!!!

Krissa

Anonymous said...

Has anyone tried Muscle MIlk & Oats?
I ordered some from BB.com and it rocks!
Delicious!
Its not tuna :) but its good.

How do you post a pic with your replies?

Cathy

Anonymous said...

I have a new blog if you dont mind to change your link.

www.healthybodymission.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Krissa

EM :) said...

KRISSA,
did I maybe get it from you MWA blog??? I sure didn't make it up, but I Loooovve it. One of the FEW ways I can enjoy tuna! :)

Jessica said...

My ladies,
Clearly, this post wasn't for any of you! :) But I have some other ladies out there who read my blog who aren't fans of the tuna boat (which I find almost incomprehensible!!).
As for the tuna pancakes - LOVE them too but I gotta work on getting them CRISPY and CRUNCHY!
Cathy - have NOT tried the Muscle & Milk and Oats - what is the macro break down?
To post a pic on your reply, you need to post a pic on your profile and then it will show up. Can't wait to see your face!
Do you all think we would recognize each other if we ran into each other in NY City?? :) I DO!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Regular serving size...ha ha you are funny.

~C.

Cathy said...

thanks!

Anonymous said...

It's me, I'm the hater. But it's just the pepper. So I am eating "tuna canoes", celery instead of green pepper.

Jessica said...

Kelly,
I was SOOOO hoping this post would prompt you to post! And it did! :)
First of all, you didn't offend me with your distaste of the tuna boats. Trust me, I have lots of foods I don't like - one of which is broccoli and I am supposed to eat a lot of broccoli during the contest prep season so I am a broccoli hater. :) As for the tuna canoes - LOVE IT! Glad you found a work around. By the way, when I am about 4 weeks out from a competition I have to rinse my tuna in water to get all the sodium out because I can't have that much sodium. Let me tell you - dry tuna is enough to make you gag. And I have gagged. :))

Thanks for stopping by Kelly and comment often!!
Jess