I heard a nasty rumor that some of you out there hate the tuna boat. For me, I LOVE the tuna boat. Love it. But I also LOVE green peppers (eat at least one every day - most days two). So, I wanted to throw a few alternative snacks/meals out there. :)
Drum roll please............Top ten alternatives to the tuna boat (protein and fibrous veggie):
10. Apple and Naturally More Peanut Butter (regular serving size)
9. Celery and Naturally More PB
8. 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese and an apple or 1/2 cup strawberries
7. 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt w/a 1/2 scoop protein powder and an apple or 1/2 cup strawberries
6. Two pieces low fat string cheese and an apple or orange
5. Dinner salad with a scoop of tuna with ranch mixed in on top!
4. Dinner salad with 4 oz. chicken and 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette on side
3. Dinner salad with 4 oz. smoked salmon and 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette on side
2. Chicken boat - same concept as tuna boat, just with chicken.
And the number one substitute for a tuna boat.................
1. A TUNA BOAT! :) There really is no substitute for me!
More later! Have a great day everyone!