When I went to the doc on Monday (with cyclops eye) he asked me how I was feeling in other areas and I said oh, head hurts, throat hurts and general crappy but I don't think it is anything big. Mostly I said this because my eye looked like I had stolen it from a zombie person from 28 Days Later and I didn't really care about the rest of me. When he looked at my throat he said "it is pretty red" and I said "it's fine - i am all good - just hook me up with the eye." Then on Monday night my throat was KILLING me, so I broke out the flash light and had the DH take al look. What did he find? WHITE puss pockets. A clear indicator of the streptococcus virus.
Luckily, my doc gave me an oral antibiotic for my pink eye because it had gotten into my under eye and cheek area. The antibiotic is also addressing the pink eye. AWESOME!
My DH was sick last week - Thursday through...well, yesterday but hasn't been as sick and didn't get strep. So I am thoroughly perplexed. I have never in my life been this sick. In fact, if you added up the total number of times I've been sick in my life and THEN added up how many times I have been sick in the last year, they would equal each other OR the last year could possibly be HIGHER than my whole life. No joke. I just don't get sick. It is NUTS.
So, I have a couple of rational theories:
1. I have been exposed to more airborne viruses than I ever have been in my entire life.
2. Our two year old house has black mold.
3. I have an auto-immune disorder.
I also have a continued list of less rational theories:
4. I am waking up in the middle of the night and eating all kinds of terrible foods for me that is tearing down my immune system.
5. My DH is feeding me Draino in hopes of killing me an cashing in on my measly life insurance policy.
6. I am allergic to Northwest Arkansas.
7. I have suddenly become possessed by some sickness demon.
8. There is an old voodoo woman in Louisiana with a Jessica doll poking needles in my throat and lungs.
Would love any and all thoughts/opinions/feedback from all of my bloggers. Especially those of you who are in the medical field. What in the heck is going on with me? To rule out other things, keep in mind that:
- I have worked more/longer hours before in a different job.
- I have gotten less sleep in a previous life.
- I have been WAY more stressed at work in a previous life.
- I eat good and take vitamins.
Workouts this week are spotty at best. Food is ok. Attitude is cranky. :)