Amber and I made BOTH of these recipies on Saturday and we HIGHLY recommend them. By the way, my new favorite fake mashed potato recipe is mashed sweet potato and brocoli mashed up together with salt and pepepr! Yummy!
And I can personally attest that BOTH of these are awesome! And good for you!
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large sweet potato - peeled and boiled
- One large head of broccoli, boiled until soft
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Mash sweet potato with broccoli, butter or margarine and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Stir in ground turkey, carrot, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir until meat is broken up and cooked through. Drain. Stir in flour.
- Transfer meat mixture to a deep dish pie pan or casserole. Spread potato/broccoli mixture over meat like a topping crust and then spread Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Nutrition (approx 8 servings):
Total Fat: 8g
Total Carbs: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
Protein: 25gMaggie's Granola Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1.5 cups rolled oats, dry, uncooked (Old fashioned, not quick oats)
- .5 cup Fiber One
- 3/4 cup trail mix with the following: Sunflower seeds, raisins, cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Chips, chocolate, semisweet, large
- 4 scoops Cytosport Cookie's N' Cream protein powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt, table, 1/5 oz per teaspoon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar free Maple Syrup
- In a large bowl combine the oats, trail mix, chocolate chips, and whey.
- Add the syrup, vanilla, and salt. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed. At first, it will seem too dry, but continue stirring and it will eventually blend.
- Spray two non-stick 12-compartment muffin tins with cooking spray, then press the mixture into the bottom of each cup firmly. Alternately, spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, then drop 24 equal blobs of the mixture onto the sheet, squashing each down slightly into a cookie-like thickness.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes.
5 g. fat
3.2 g fiber