Amber and I had a BRUTAL leg workout this morning. Just so you can get a sense of how painful and challenging it was I am posting it for you below.
Right now, my legs feel like this:
But this hard work should result in this:
Here is what we did.... Jogged for 10 minutes for a warm up and then did the following four sets, four times through (workout took us about 2 hours total) - OWWWW!
- One legged burpees - 10 each leg
- Step ups - 30 each leg - no weight - for speed
- Hill repeat (and if you haven't heard me talk about Amber's hill, it is like suicide hill - the grade is like 40% and it is about 1/8 of a mile)
- Inch worm superman holds (5 second hold)
- Deep squats with EZ bar and 30lbs (55 total) - 25 squats
- Step ups with weight (15lbs) - 20
- Romanian lunges - 20lb Kettlebells in each hand - 15 total
- Hill repeat
- Stiff legged deadlifts (same EZ bar weight) - 20 reps
- Lying leg curls with stability ball - 20 reps
- One legged reaching lunges w/15lb dumbbell - 20 reps each leg
- Side lunges - 25 each leg down the hill Walking lunges up the hill (about 40 lunges each leg)
- Split lunges with 20lb kettlebell - 15 reps
- Sumo squats with EZ bar - 15 reps
- Single leg deadlifts - no weight - focusing on glute - 15 reps
- Lying side leg lifts - 15 each leg
Did I mention we did each set of four exercise FOUR times??? It was awesome. Loved it.
Gonna post a vlog later so look for it! Hope you guys are having a GREAT weekend!