Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 2 - Staycation: Debbie's Challenges

Happy Staycation my fellow bloggers! Ah, another glorious day! Fantastical, in fact Woke up late (again, with not ONE regret), had coffee on the couch with my husband (my #1 fav thing in the whole world to do - well, maybe #2 :)), rode my bike for an hour and burned a whopping 600 calories. Then proceeded to do some shopping and wrapping and cleaning and eating...a little reading, a little relaxing. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Can you hear my mental being improving???? :)

For my workout today (in addition to my bike this morning)...I decided to done one of Debbie's conditioning drills in between my shoulder workout. It looked like this:

I did the following workout and super setted in Debbie's Conditioning Drill #1 (see drill directly after seated shoulder press). FOR THE RECORD, I ADDED THE 30 SECOND REST IN BETWEEN - Debbie's directive is actually NO REST with a 30 second rest between circuits but I didn't want to throw up today so I added the 30 second rest. Debbie, next time I will only rest 20 seconds and then 15...etc. Check it but be warned - you may break into a sweat just READING it. :) I burned 900 calories in 1 hour and 40 minutes. WHEW!

Seated Smith Shoulder Press 50lbs x 12
Burpees x 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
Mountain Climbers x 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
Split Squat Jumps x 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
Mountain Climbers x 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
Split Squat Jumps x 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
Burpees x 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
Repeat 3x through for a total of 4 sets

Seated Lateral Raise w/12lbs x 12
Repeat drill above 1x to total conditioning drill is 5x through.

Seated Lateral Raise w/12lbs x 12
Supersetted with jump squats 10x and jump reverse pull ups 5x
Repeat 3x for a total of 4 sets.

Bent Over Dumbell Raise (rear delt focus) 12lbs x12
Supersetted with jump squats 10x and jump reverse pull ups 5x
Repeat 2x for a total of 3 sets

Front raises 10lbs x 12
Jump squats 10x
Repeat 3x for a total of 4 sets

Followed that with Debbie's ab challenge #1:

NO REST Between Exercises/Keep hands on your head at ALL TIMES when you perform each Sit-up/Keep your legs bent on all Sit-ups/Watch your form and make sure you engage your belly button AT ALL TIMES/Control your motion and DO NOT USE MOMENTUM!
Unassisted Sit-ups- 10x/Hold #10 at the Halfway Mark for 20sec
Core Plank- 30 seconds
Unassisted Sit-ups- 15x/Hold #15 at the Halfway Mark for 20sec
Core Plank- 1 minute
Unassisted Sit-ups- 20x/Hold #20 at the Halfway Mark for 20sec
Core Plank- 1 minute 30 sec
Unassisted Sit-ups- 25x/Hold #25 at the Halfway Mark for 20sec
Core Plank- 2 minutes

Then I walked Pablo around the neighborhood (about a 1/2 mile) and did alternating low shuffles (10 x each side) and then 20 walking lunges) and repeated that 4x for a total of 5x through.

As I said, 900 calories in 1hour and 40 minutes. Good stuff. I feel awesome! Loved it!!

Did great today with food, water and supplements. I gotta tell ya, feel like a new person.

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve Eve and giving thanks for all those things in your life that you are blessed with!
Jess

2 comments:

Dofitness said...

Wow! I am totally impressed. Way to go, I think that is an awesome combination (cardio challenge with shoulder exercises). Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see your changes when I get back!
:)

Unknown said...

You are doing much better than me! Yes, Batesville's gym closed down today, so big bummer for me. I couldn't talk Doon into going for a run today, so I may try to sneak out in the morning after opening presents for a quick 45 min jaunt. I feel bad for leaving any period of time since I haven't seen my brother and sister for over a year. Wednesday though, I am all in! Way to go on the workout Jess! When I come back on Wed, you can whip me back in shape! Merry Christmas chica!