Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Day 3 & 4 - Staycation: Keep on Keeping On & MERRY CHRISTMAS!

First and foremost, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! I was talking to someone at work the other day about how sensitive everyone has become to the Merry Christmas greeting and how it implies religion and that to be politically correct we must say Happy Holidays. Well, my opinion is that the holiday - Christmas - should be about the time you spend with family and friends, loving those around you and being thankful for everything you have in your life. So, enjoy this time at Christmas with your family and friends and truly consider everything you have to be thankful for...I read an article that 75% of Afghanistan's don't have electricity or plumbing. I have electricity, plumbing, a car, food in my fridge and most importantly, my health. I have nothing to complain about - that's why I don't! :) Merry Christmas all....I am so thankful for each and every one of you!

Secondly, been keeping up on my workouts! Ran for an hour yesterday - almost 600 calories and did a great mini-back workout. So, I did almost 4 hours of intense workouts over a 24 hour span - WHEW! And yes Debbie, I ate something after my workout - it is important to refuel after a workout you know! ;)

Today I did bi's and tri's supersetted in push ups...not the greatest but being Christmas day and having to workout at my mother in-laws, I was happy to have weights to use! ;) I did 12 sets of biceps and 12 sets of triceps and about 12 sets of alternating close and wide grip push ups. I am going to try to go for a run after dinner and do some abs - we will have to see how it goes...it is Christmas after all!

Thanks for stopping by my Staycation log! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy Almost New Year!
Jess

1 comment:

Power Authority said...

Thank you for your text today and Merry Christmas to you and Jody...

What a sweetheart! Missing you to girl! Hope to see you soon!