Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 8 - Staycation: 2-a-Day Day

Greetings from the land of staycation!

Still enjoying things immensley. My best friend Leanne came in from North Carolina to see me with her BEAUTIFUL daughter Victoria. She is so wonderful!

Anyhoo, I had wanted to team up with Amber for another workout but with all the errands I had to run before the girls came to town, I couldn't pull away to add the 50 minutes to the gym....BUT before I picked them up at the airport I did the following at home and for those of you who don't know, I have an awesome home gym...smith rack, Olympic bar w/ Olympic weight set, cable pulley system, etc. It rocks. And I have a pull up bar.

15 minutes on the bike w/intervals followed by Debbie challenge below (copied from Debbie's blog):

ROUND ONE:
Unassisted Pull-ups- Males- 10x/women- 5x (total sets 5/rest only 10-15 seconds between sets)
****FOR EVERY PULL-UP MISSED, YOU MUST RUN 1 LAP TIMED(For example, after your 5th set/men should have 50 total and women should have 25 total. Sooooooo say that Juan had a total of 35 pull-ups at the end of his 5th set-HE OWES ME 15 LAPS TIMED (Try to shoot for each lap falling between 30-38 seconds! And the same goes for the women.
Rest 45 seconds after you have completed this round and any running if necessary!

I made it to 21 pull ups so I had to do 4 laps - did them on the treadmill but made it in my alloted times.

ROUND TWO:
Wide Pull-downs- 12 times (50 lbs)
Barbell Standing Shoulder Press to the Front- 12 times
Standing Bent-Over DB Flye- 12 times
Close-Grip Pull-downs- 12 times
M.B. Squat Jump Toss- 25 times

ROUND THREE:
Wide Reverse Pull-downs- 12 times
Barbell Shoulder Press to the Front (on your knees/**BE CAREFUL NOT TO HURT YOUR BACK/WEIGHT SHOULD BE MODERATE/POWER COMES FROM CORE)- 12 times
Sitting Bent-Over DB Flye- 12 times
Close-Grip Reverse Pull-downs- 12 times
M.B. Squat Jump Toss- 35 times (challenge yourself with the medicine ball that you choose)

ROUND FOUR:
Barbell Bent-Over Row (palms-down)- 12 times
DB Front Raises to empty the cans (palms down)- 12 times
Barbell Bent-Over Row (palms-up)- 12 times
DB Front Raise to empty the cans (palms up)- 12 times
M.B. Squat Jump Toss- 45 times (same as round #3)

ROUND FIVE:
Chin-up Pull-Up Hold- **goal is to hold yourself from falling for 20-30 seconds
Unassisted Dips- 10-12 times
Standing Rope Pull-downs- 15 times (moderate weight)
Chin-up Pull-Up Hold- **goal is to hold yourself from falling for 25-30 seconds
Unassisted Dips- 10-12 times
On Knees Behind the Back Rope Overhead Extension- 15 times (moderate weight)
Chin-up Hold- **goal is to hold yourself from falling for 30 seconds
Unassisted Dips- 10-12 times
Diverbomber Push-ups- 10 times + Low to the Floor Mountain Climbers- 30 seconds

*Repeat Diverbombers and Low Mountain Climbers for a total of 4 sets

Followed this by a 20 minute ab workout I have on DVD that is super touch. Cramped up half way through and had to rest for 45 seconds.

Then I did 3 rounds of conditioning drill #1 which is the following...30 seconds of each, no rest:

Burpees
Mtn Climbers
Split Jump Lunges
Mtn Climbers
Split Jump Lunges
Burpess

After that, I was done - 850 calories in 1.5 hours.

Then tonight - I did an hour workout which was 10 sets of 10 bicep curls with the same burpee challenge above in between sets. I did the challenge 5x through and then rode the bike in intervals between the other 5 sets of biceps. 500 calories.

Good workout today! Man, if I could just pay for this!! :)

More later...pic of me and hubby going to this snotty event in a few!

Be strong...the holidays can be stressful - use your energy to rock the body! ;)

Jess

2 comments:

EM :) said...

Alright, girl. it's official. I'm inviting You, Amber & Debbie to come workout with me. Please?!?!?
No, seriously, you girls are KICKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES AND I get Pumped just reading your posts! So awesome, take advantage of this time off and charge FULL SPEED AHEAD!
Keep rockin it lady!

Jessica said...

Hey girl! How much fun would that be???? :) We should create a blog fitness weekend where each of us is responsible for training everyone during a certain period of time. I am charging sister! Big time!!! Thanks for stopping by!
Jess