Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 5 - Staycation: Amber + Jessica = Awesome Worktout!

I didn't get my post Christmas dinner run or abs in last night...but we knew that was going to happen didn't we? :)

But today...oh, today is another day!

Met Amber at the gym, both of us armed with our trusty workout printouts. Here is what we did:

Duration: 1hr 50 mins
Calories burned: 900! for me and 1100 for Amber

Warm up: Amber and I ran 3 laps (she had already put in 7 so she way had me beat)

Then, we did Debbie's Chest/Shoulder/Bi's Challenge below:

Do Not Rest Between Exercises/Challenge Yourself Always/Choose Challenging Weight For Each Exercise

Weights listed are noted if we did different weights.

ROUND ONE:
Lying Flat Bench DB Chest Press- 12 times, 25 lbs
Barbell Upright Row- 12 times, 80lbs on cable machine, Amber 40lb straight bar
Push-Ups- 20 times
Standing Barbell Curls- 12 times; 20lbs
One Lap Sprint- Under 28 seconds (check and WHEW!)
Rest 45 seconds and move on to the next round!

ROUND TWO: *Try to increase the weight from the previous round
Lying Flat Bench DB Chest Press- 10 times, 30lbs
Barbell Upright Row- 10 times, I did 6o lb bar for 5 reps, then did Olympic bar, Amber - 85lbs on cable row
Standing Cable Flye- 20 times; 30lbs
Push-ups- 10 times
Barbell Curls on the Preacher Curl- 10 times; 45lbs; Amber 30
Two Lap Sprint- Under 58 seconds (check and double whew)
Rest 45 seconds and then move on to the next round!

ROUND THREE:
Incline Bench DB Chest Press- 12 times; I did 65 lbs; Amber 30lbs dumb bells
Standing Side Lateral Shoulder Raises- 12 times; 12lbs
Push-ups with feet elevated from the floor- 20 times
Standing Barbell Curls with back pressed against the wall or the green bar- 15 times; 15lbs
Windjammer Race- 2 min/Level 7-9 (Holy Crap)
Rest 1 minute and then move on to the next round!

ROUND FOUR: *Try to increase your weight from the previous round
Incline Bench DB Chest Press- 10 times; I did 65lbs; Amber 30lbs dumb bells
Standing Side Lateral Shoulder Raises- 10 times; 12lbs
Sitting Cable Flye in high position- 20 times
Push-ups with feet elevated from the floor- 10 times
Sitting DB Curls with back pressed against the wall or the green bar- 15 times; 15lbs
Windjammer Race- 4 min/Level 7-9 (Thew up in my mouth a couple times and we only did level 6)

After that grueling workout, we did an awesome set of abs (I may get some of this wrong - just using my good ole memory):

The following number of reps of all of the following exercises: 12, 12, and 15
Situps/crunches on swiss ball/reverse crunches/bicycles on butt/around the worlds on swiss ball - each side = 1 rep/sit up with medicine ball twist/situps/reverse crunch

OUCH!

Then we did the following lunge workout:

10 traveling burpees followed by walking lunges with a 3 count pulse 1/2 way around track; 10 traveling burpess followed by walking lunges with 3 count pulse for reminder of track. Ouch.

BUT WE DIDN'T STOP THERE!! We did Round 1 & 2 of above AGAIN! :) It was awesome!

So, take THAT Christmas dinner! And GREAT WORKOUT Amber! Thanks for pushing me today chica! And Debbie - do we make you proud or what???

Man...I dig the staycation....life is good. :)
Take care and enjoy!
Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn. i was going to go to the gym for a workout but after reading your workouts you are having on your VACATION none the less, I am inspired to go kick ass in the gym! I was thinking maybe a slow and steady thing, but I need INTENSITY today. You are doing awesome. I will have to print some of these workouts out and ATTEMPT them. :) Sorry, Debbie---kinda stealing these I guess.

I am glad you had a good Christmas and I can tell you are really enjoying this time off. Just remember, you said you would post pics!!! :) I am a picture whore arent I! :)

Krissa

Dofitness said...

Wow! That is AWESOME! And I am not sure if AWESOME is the word for it. You have no idea how tickled I am inside about you and Amber raising that bar! THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! YOU GUYS ARE SUPER AWESOME! KEEP IT UP!
And Krissa-
No problem, I do not consider that stealing...I consider it wanting to get better and wanting to challenge yourself...I definitely want to see you excel to. GO FOR IT! BRING UP THAT INTENSITY AND GET THOSE RESULTS!

WAY TO GO TO EVERYONE! PROUD OF YOU!

Unknown said...

Jess, you nailed it! Thank God you have a better memory than I on the weights. Tomorrow we are busting out the legs. Debbie will always have us beat, but we can at least try to get to her level :) I'm feeling pretty good right now, but we will see what tomorrow brings. Have to work off that 3-day no-workout thing. Thanks for the push Jess, and I can't wait for tomorrow!

Dofitness said...

Amber...WHATEVER! You guys already have me beat, YOU GUYS ARE GETTING IT DONE. You are AWESOME! I can't wait to see the shape you are in when I get back! YOU GUYS ARE REALLY PUSHING THE ENVELOPE! PROUD OF YOU!