Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 9 - Staycation : The Burpee Challenge and Then Some

I have to admit, I am becoming sad that the end of my staycation is near. :( It has been so wonderful and I am loving every minute of it but really want to relish the next few days (2 is all I have left!! RATS!!!). That means two more days of killer workouts and getting a few more house projects done and working some to prepare for the madness.

Anyhoo, todays workout was pretty light...we had a bunch of running to do today in preparation for the big new years party coming up tomorrow night. But, I still got in a pretty good little workout and here it is:

10 min bike warm up at 150 bpm on heart rate...then I moved to Debbie's challenge from today (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THESE CHALLENGES DEBBIE! THEY RULE). I only did parts of the challenge (there are 11 total challenge items) but I am going to try to do the whole thing tomorrow at the gym.
1) Push-ups- How many push-ups can you do without stopping? I did 48 without stopping.
2) DB Walking Lunges- 2 laps around the track without stopping - since I don't have a track at home :) I did 80 walking lunges without stopping with 10 lb dumb bells.
3) Sit-ups-100x/Push-ups-100x- Must complete this in under 5 minutes. I did not do this in under 5 minutes - took me 6 1/2.
4) DB Shoulder Press- 50 times - I did 38 with 10lbs and then dropped to 8 for the last 12.
5) DB Bicep Curls- 50 times - I did this with 10lbs.
6) DB Lying Tricep Extensions- 50 times - I did this with 8lbs.

THEN I did the burpee challenge....which is how fast you can do 100 burpees. Let me just tell you I almost had to call an ambulance. I did it in 9 minutes and 2 seconds. And it was brutal. My heart rate was at about 170 the whole time.

The whole workout took me about 65 minutes and I burned 470 calories.

These challenges have been fun and....ironically, challenging. :) But they are great in terms of pushing you harder. I can't wait to do the burpee challenge next time and decrease my time. Amber is a bad ass for doing it in 7 mins and 30 seconds. Insane.

Eats are pretty good - a little high on carbs today but I don't feel overly guilty about it. The key will be to continue to this level of intensity when I go back to work! :)

One more day left in 2007!! Enjoy it!
Jess

3 comments:

Dofitness said...

That is awesome...you did the burpee challenge after a workout, you need to make sure that you keep that in mind. THAT IS REALLY GOOD AND QUITE IMPRESSIVE! Keep striving and believing in your POTENTIAL!
:)

Jessica said...

Ok, ok...good point...it was right after a workout - I can't wait to do it when I am fresh. Totally fresh...who knows what I can accomplish. :)I feel like I can accomplish anything with support from you and Amber!

Unknown said...

You are doing much better than I chica! I did do 1.9 hrs of cardio today along with the wall-sit for 5minutes, bicep curl 50x with 15lb weights, preacher curl 3 sets 15x, and 10minutes of abs. I didn't realize how much my cardio has gone downhill, and I know a lot of this has to do with how I have been eating lately. I did weigh myself, and I am now at 130lbs. I ideally need to be at 122, so starting today, I am eating better and will get my intensity back to where it needs to be. I know that it didn't help my physical and mental state to be sick for a week and 1/2 and before that not getting in a solid 6 days of working out, so it is time for a new year, new goals, and a positive outlook to make it my best year ever! I think its time that I actually become competitive!